It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Downloaded Excel file exported from the reports are not opening?

rashmi k (13218) | asked Feb 22 '17, 7:01 a.m.

We are havng a strange issue we have  birt reports Deployed on RTC but once we run the report and export to excel the Excel is not opening and Excel sheet is restarting due to some issue.

Can anyone help us to know why we face such issues how can we resolve.

2 answers

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Feb 22 '17, 8:17 p.m.

Hi, Rashmi

This is a BIRT related issue, see the defect:
https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=124705
Although it is RQM defect but it should applies to RTC as well as they both use the Birt reports.
Workaround explained here:
https://jazz.net/library/article/1475#124705
thanks

permanent link
rashmi k (13218) | answered Feb 23 '17, 4:35 a.m.

Hi Don,

As I read bellow the given articles,but my report was working fine previously and there is only table no chart do you still recommend us to follow the workaround?If yes can you bit brief about how to use and what is Open office Calc?

Problem

If you export a BIRT report to Microsoft Excel and try to open the new file in Excel, an error message about “Problems During Load” is shown. The resulting log file mentions “XML ERROR in Table”. This issue has been observed when reports include both a chart and a table.

Workaround

Open the new file by using OpenOffice Calc

Thank you

rashmi

Comments
Don Yang commented Feb 23 '17, 6:01 a.m.

The question could be whether you have seen the same error as indicated in the defect work item when opening the excel file?

===
Problems During Load
Table

This file cannot be opened because of errors. Errors are listed in in: C:\Users\ibmadmin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet files\content.MSO\xxx.log

The file indicates

XML ERROR in Table
REASON: Bad Value
FILE: C:\Users\ibmadmin\Desktop\Reportjke52.xls
GROUP: Row TAG:
Cell ATTRIB:
Index VALUE: 2
===
If it does work before for the same report exported excel file, then something could be different.

rashmi k commented Feb 24 '17, 8:02 a.m.

Hi Don ,

I was able top open the file which was 25KB but if my colleague opens the report it was in 67MB the same parameters  of the report provided not sure  why this about strange behavior?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.