It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to load a component hierarchy on disk as a nested folder structure from Eclipse in RTC 6.0.3?

Jamie Berry (14013693) | asked Feb 21 '17, 5:08 p.m.

We are using RTC 6.0.3 and investigating the new Component Hierarchies.  I have a user that is interested in having a component hierarchy but also wants the components loaded into his local sandbox in a nested fashion:

Component 1
 - Component1.1
 - Component1.2

loaded as:
/Component1
/Component1/Component1.1
/Component1/Component1.2

I have managed to create the hierarchichal component and was able to load it as desired using the Windows Shell interface but I haven't been able to get Eclipse to load in that fashion for me yet.  Is this possible using Eclipse?  How about the command line interface?

Thank you,
Jamie.

One answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Feb 22 '17, 1:43 a.m.

This is possible using Load Rules, refer to article https://jazz.net/library/article/1015.

A easier way is to add the sandbox created using Shell client into Eclipse client sandbox from "Windows > Preferences > Team > Jazz Source Control > Sandbox". And click "Generate Load Rules" from the sandbox.  Then the user can load the workspace from Eclipse client using the load rules file.

Comments
Jamie Berry commented Feb 22 '17, 8:37 a.m.

Thank you for the information.  I wasn't able to generate the load rules by adding the sandbox to Eclispe, it didn't recognize anything being loaded.  I was able to generate the load rules using Visual Studio however.  I then used the load rules in Eclipse and was able to load the components nested.  Is there a way to have these loaded components known to Eclipse as Eclipse projects?  RTC inside Eclipse is rather limited if the components aren't loaded as projects (when trying to use Eclipse to manage all files in a component not just embedded Eclipse projects).   I am still in the investigation stages with regards to use cases where component hierarchies are useful at our company.  So far the one use case that has come up was for the purpose of loading the components hierarchically on disk.  These users will most likely be using the shell interface so Eclipse isn't an immediate concern.  Just trying to be prepared for the next project that does want to do this in Eclipse.

Thanks again,
Jamie.

Lily Wang commented Feb 22 '17, 6:23 p.m.

In Eclipse Java perspective, you can create a new project from the existing sandbox, then right click the project name and run "Team > Share project". 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.