It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I filter/limit the number of results from "Show Build Results"?

Joao Ramires (34419) | asked Feb 15 '17, 5:53 a.m.
edited Feb 20 '17, 11:36 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

Hi,

when I chose "Show Build Results" for a Build Definition I get a list with thousand of builds (we are not pruning them) and it take some minutes to complete and also consumes memory from Eclipse jvm
Is there a way to filter or limit the number of results presented ? I'm using RTC 5.0.2 ifix18 Eclipse Client

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 15 '17, 6:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You prune them since too many don't help at all and you can mark the ones you want to keep as permanent.

Comments
Joao Ramires commented Feb 15 '17, 6:58 a.m.

Thanks Ralph , but they don't want to prune them. Can a filter be created ? Filter by date / limit the output to 500 (for example) ?

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 15 '17, 7:07 a.m. | edited Feb 20 '17, 11:38 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Not that I am aware of.  You can filter by personal build or public build, that is it as far as I can see. That would also only help in the UI, the data in the backed would still have to be retrieved. This is computer science and not magic. 

The pruning is there for a reason. You clutter also your database with more and more build data.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.