It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 5.0.2 - Regex in RTC plan

Chen Ben ezra (41327) | asked Feb 15 '17, 4:47 a.m.

Hi ,

When we select "Taskboard Display " in plan view , is there any option to use there regular expressions to exclude by summary ?

For example: Type -> Story

Summary -> PM: Example 1

Exclude all the stories that start with "PM:"

Chen

One answer

permanent link
Andy Chen (812) | answered Feb 15 '17, 7:10 p.m.

Yes, you can use the expression

"summary:value type:Story"

to exclude stories that contain the value.

However, do keep in mind that the "Taskboard Display" is a hierarchical view, which means that a Parent will not be excluded as long as one of its Children are still included. For example, if your story with a summary of "PM: Example 1" has child work items that are not being excluded, the example story will still be visible after applying the above expression.

You can visit https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSYMRC_5.0.2/com.ibm.team.apt.doc/topics/r_quick_query_syntax.html for more information regarding expression syntax.

Regards,
Andy

Comments
Chen Ben ezra commented Feb 16 '17, 1:23 a.m.

Hi , 

My RTC version is:5.0.2
I added exclude with the following : "type:Story summary:PM" , the Story doesn't have any children and I still see that story.
If I define Color with "type:Story summary:PM" it works.
Do you know way ? 

Chen

Donald Nong commented Feb 16 '17, 3:51 a.m.

Probably not much help, but I can confirm that it works in RTC 6.0.2 iFix007. Probably you can try to apply the latest iFix and see if it makes any differences.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.