It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Two of workspaces are tagged as Unreachable and disappeared from my Jazz Administration Team Artifacts View?

rashmi k (13218) | asked Feb 14 '17, 3:34 a.m.

Hi, since last week we  facing issues with the synchronization of my workspaces on RTC.
Two of  workspaces disappeared from my Jazz Administration Team Artifacts View. When trying to click on My Repository workspaces two of  workspaces are
missing. When viewing my Pending Changes, both workspaces are tagged as Unreachable.

Can you suggest us how can we roll back what could be the root cause?

Thank you
rashmi

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 14 '17, 5:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Repository Workspaces disappear from the team artifacts view and show as unreachable if you are not connected to the CCM repository. Log back in to the repository. 

If you are connected to the  CCM repository, search for the repository workspaces using the search capabilities of RTC. Maybe the repository workspaces were deleted or are not owned by another user. 

Comments
rashmi k commented Feb 14 '17, 8:40 a.m. | edited Feb 14 '17, 9:56 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for your quick response, one my user was facing this issue ,now user confirms that they searched the workspaces but was unsuccessful  by reconnecting with proper CCM repository again and confirm she is the owner and dint delete the workspace.

So is there any more suggestion that I can trouble shoot it?.

rashmi k commented Feb 14 '17, 8:40 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for your quick response, one my user was facing this issue ,now user confirms that they searched the workspaces but was unsuccessful  by reconnecting with proper CCM repository again and confirm she is the owner and dint delete the workspace.

So is there any more suggestion that I can trouble shoot it?.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 14 '17, 10:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If the user can not find their repository workspace in the RTC instance it should be in, it is deleted or the owner has changed. I did not say the owner did that necessarily. An admin could. There is no other explanation I am aware of. If someone had renamed the repository workspace, the Eclipse client would have found it regardless the name change, it would have connected to the name changed one - the RTC client does not remember the name, it remembers an unchangeable ID.

If the repository workspaces flowed with a stream, you could use a flow diagram or other search capabilites to find it.

Unless you can provide more data, I don't think I can provide any  more suggestions. Repository workspaces don't just disappear. They need to be actively deleted, which the user as owner can do, Otherwise there is a defect that should be reported to support.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.