It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can an IBM CQ record be migrated as a WI, other than Defect, in RTC ?

Shuchita Tripathi (31436294) | asked Feb 08 '17, 3:45 a.m.

Hi,

RTC v 6.0.2
CQ v 8.0.1.11

I have to migrate CQ to RTC. I have created a custom workitem(WI) type. When I tried to migrate a single CQ record to RTC, it automatically got created as Defect WI type. Is it possible that I can specify the WI type I want the CQ records to be migrated.

I tried to use ClearQuest Import wizard (inbuilt in RTC). But it gave me error - The wizard runs in 32-bit eclipse client.

So, the method which I tried -
CQ - Export to excel. Then Save As - CSV
RTC - Import CSV (modify mapping file).

I am fine to follow any other method also.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 08 '17, 4:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have a 64 bit laptop as well. Pretty hard to get 32 bit these days. I have however 32 and 64 bit versions of eclipse and other clients, dependent of which versions I downloaded. The question is, how to get the CQ working. I tried with my 64 bit Eclipse client and the error message below comes up and it tells me in its entirety that it only runs in an 32 bit RTC Eclipse client and I would suggest to download and install one.

Shuchita Tripathi selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 08 '17, 4:01 a.m.

Yes, it is of course possible to migrate different cq record types to different RTC work item types. Follow the links in this google query and read the first help topics and articles to understand what options to migrate you have: 

I think CSV is the least optimal solution see https://www.google.com/#q=csv+import+mapping+site:jazz.net for how CSV import works and especially make yourself aware of the mapping file.

Comments
Shuchita Tripathi commented Feb 08 '17, 4:18 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

I went through that link before also and it suggests to use ClearQuest Import wizard.
Launching this wizard is giving me error - The wizard runs in 32-bit eclipse client.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 08 '17, 4:31 a.m.

So, did you try to install a 64 bit version of RTC Eclipse?

Shuchita Tripathi commented Feb 08 '17, 4:40 a.m.

I have 64 bit of eclipse in my system.

My laptop is 64 bit.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.