It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Importing and Exporting Work Items from the Web Client

Michael Egan (1112) | asked Feb 07 '17, 9:06 a.m.

Is there a way to export defects from the Change Management Platform of the web client?  I am using the web client of RTC 6.0.  I have some people that are looking to get soft copies of the defects that are generated through the Change and Configuration Management Platform.  These same people would also like to be able to upload completed defect forms into RTC.  Does the web client support importing/exporting defects?  If so how would I go about doing that?

P.S.  I know that I can export a list of defects, but that does not have all the fields from the defect.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 07 '17, 9:22 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

RTC 6.0.3 adds a CSV import https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/6.0.3?p=news#workItemImporter

Otherwise use the Eclipse client to do that.

permanent link
Ian Barnard (1.9k613) | answered Feb 07 '17, 9:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 07 '17, 9:33 a.m.

In the web client you can export results from a query to CSV - you have to add the columns you want exported. Wasn't aware of way of importing through the web client until Ralph added comment about this being in 6.0.3 :-) Must try that!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.