It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error while creating workitems using specific WI template

Amit Garg (311949) | asked Feb 07 '17, 5:30 a.m.

we are using RTC 6.0.2 and are facing a problem where specifically 2 users are getting an error while launching workitem template. The users are able to launch other templates without any error. They are able to create WI manually. The template in question launched by another user (has admin kind of roles assigned to him)works fine. 

The error is 'The save workitem operation cannot be completed. Permission is required to complete the operation. ID CRJAZ6053E.

If access or role was an issue, then those users should get an error while launching other templates too.
If template was faulty, the other user have got the same error as these two users. 

Please advise

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 07 '17, 5:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Users can be limited to create certain work item types or to set specific attributes like filed against. This can impact some template but not others. So your assumption that permissions would impact all templates is most likely wrong. I would definitely suggest to check the roles and permissions. I wonder if there is a more detailed information somewhere. Maybe it is just hidden by the template layer.

Comments
Amit Garg commented Feb 07 '17, 6:06 a.m.

Hello Ralph for the quick response. We are using 4 workitem types in the template and the user is able to create all of them manually. The only attribute which we allow users to fill while launching template is 'Planned For'. I have the template xml file with me. Is there anything specific I can look for?

Kevin Ramer commented Feb 07 '17, 12:36 p.m.

Does the template have a specific category ( Filed Against ) set ?  If so is that category restricted to its team and do the individuals belong to said team ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.