It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What permission is required to allow users to add work items to a plan in RTC?

Jamie Berry (14013693) | asked Feb 06 '17, 12:01 p.m.

We are using RTC 6.0.3 and are seeing an issue that I didn't think we had previously...  For most of our project areas, we limit the permissions to Modify a Plan to the lead roles.  In the past, I thought that our general team members could create a new work item in a plan view and click the Save button to save the work items and have them show up in the plan.  I thought that just having permission to create a work item and set the filed against and planned for fields were enough to add a new work item to a plan.   I am now having issues where one of my users gets an error when he creates a new work item and hits Save.  It tells him he needs the Modify a Plan permission.

What does this permission actually grant?  We want our users to be able to add items to a plan, but not change any of the information about the plan (add shared views, change plan type, etc.).

Thanks,
Jamie.

One answer

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813574) | answered Feb 07 '17, 8:57 a.m.

Jamie,

I agree with you from my experiences;  however maybe worth checking the Permissions in 6.0.3 as it's very new something new could have been added?>   if not then it maybe a PMR - or check the known issues list for 6.0.3 - do you have any iFixes etc.?  I'm not IBM just some suggestions

Regards

Matt Muller

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.