It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What permission is required to allow users to add work items to a plan in RTC?

Jamie Berry (14013693) | asked Feb 06 '17, 12:01 p.m.

We are using RTC 6.0.3 and are seeing an issue that I didn't think we had previously...  For most of our project areas, we limit the permissions to Modify a Plan to the lead roles.  In the past, I thought that our general team members could create a new work item in a plan view and click the Save button to save the work items and have them show up in the plan.  I thought that just having permission to create a work item and set the filed against and planned for fields were enough to add a new work item to a plan.   I am now having issues where one of my users gets an error when he creates a new work item and hits Save.  It tells him he needs the Modify a Plan permission.

What does this permission actually grant?  We want our users to be able to add items to a plan, but not change any of the information about the plan (add shared views, change plan type, etc.).

Thanks,
Jamie.

One answer

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813274) | answered Feb 07 '17, 8:57 a.m.

Jamie,

I agree with you from my experiences;  however maybe worth checking the Permissions in 6.0.3 as it's very new something new could have been added?>   if not then it maybe a PMR - or check the known issues list for 6.0.3 - do you have any iFixes etc.?  I'm not IBM just some suggestions

Regards

Matt Muller

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.