It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Need to find the server folder path of a components root folder in RTC for a code migration from commandline

Joshua Widmer (5611) | asked Feb 03 '17, 10:44 a.m.

I am currently doing a code migration across RTC instances.  I am able to get a list of components per stream and create them in a new instance.  Some of our projects do not have the component name matching the components root folder in RTC.  How can I find this thru command line?  Either SCM or rest api? Preferrably scm.

Comments
Joshua Widmer commented Feb 03 '17, 9:53 p.m.

I am trying to migrate code from an on pram instance to an off pram instance.  The database isn't able to be copied over. I will need to load the streams thru automation from command line.  I need to know how to find the root folders of a component in order to share multiple components loading them to a new stream.  Any idea how to do this?

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 06 '17, 1:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

And I suggest to use distributed SCM instead.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 03 '17, 11:54 a.m.

If you would use distributed SCM, this should not matter. If there are special rules sharing the scm data, I think your teams have to provide that. How projects are to be shared is not something RTC knows about.

Comments
Joshua Widmer commented Feb 11 '17, 1:02 a.m.

not sure how this tells me the path to a component from code.  Is there any way I can get that info without manually searching for it?

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 11 '17, 8:31 a.m. | edited Feb 11 '17, 8:34 a.m.

Because you don't have to load to copy the data when using distributed SCM.

Otherwise the creators of the components have to know how to load. RTC does not know which options to choose. Don't hope to get an answer here, ask the teams thst create the code how to load, look at the builds for the information, look into the components. If there are project files at some level, that is typically loaded into an Eclipse workspace.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.