It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

howto pass argument to RQM junit selenium adapter 4.0.7

Tunca Karabel (1111) | asked Feb 01 '17, 8:47 a.m.
retagged Feb 03 '17, 2:58 a.m. by Minakshi Jaint (5113)

Hi,

I am using RQM junit selenium adapter version 4.0.7 since we are using also RQM 4.0.7. How can I pass the variable "Software Type" to the adapter via commandline call? 

After the adapter is started via commandline successfully, I can change it via RQM Adapter Console view on the RQM website manually. But I want to set this variable already at the beginning where I start the adapter via commandline.  

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Feb 01 '17, 11:27 p.m.

Why would you want to do that?

I don't know how you can change anything of the adapter in the Adapter Console. I suppose you mean the "test script"? The "Software Type" variable that you mentioned is clearly for the test script, not for the adapter itself. So it makes perfect sense to define the variable in the test script. Also, the command line parameters that you use to start the adapter is for the adapter itself, whether the test script (or the "Test Class") will inherit the JVM environment is a different matter. All the available command line parameters can be found here:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSCP65_4.0.7/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_strtselenadpter.html

Comments
Tunca Karabel commented Feb 02 '17, 5:06 a.m. | edited Feb 03 '17, 2:20 a.m.

Hi Donald, 

I sent you an email with the screenshot of the field I mean. I could not upload the picture here because I have less then 60 reputation points. 

Donald Nong commented Feb 03 '17, 2:20 a.m.

Donald Nong commented Feb 03 '17, 2:29 a.m.

It may not be obvious - the artifact that you modified, as shown in the screenshot, ,is of the type "Lab Resource", not the Adapter itself. This is the document about it.
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_4.0.7/com.ibm.rational.test.lm.doc/topics/t_cust_labres_prop.html

As far as I can see, this is the "Machine" lab resource, and as long as you start the adapter on the same machine, you have the same lab resource associated to it. So there is really no need to specify the Software Type attribute when starting the adapter.

Tunca Karabel commented Apr 06 '17, 5:28 a.m.

We have to edit lab resource properties dynamically after starting the adapter because the machine  (docker container) doesn't exist before that. 

Is it possible to change lab resource properties per REST call after the lab resource is created in RQM? 

We need a way to do this in an automated fashion. 

Regards

Tunca Karabel 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.