It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

does Rational DOORS integrate with IBM X-Analysis, IBM IGC, and datawiki?

Gary Dang (59328855) | asked Jan 31 '17, 2:53 p.m.

We are trying to get more information about Rational DOORS integration with IBM tools (X-Analysis, IGC) and datawiki.  Does IBM provide these integration?  If so, where can I get more details?

3 answers

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Jan 31 '17, 4:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

As far as I know, these integrations do not exist.

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Jan 31 '17, 4:49 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Expanding on Bas' answer ...

I'm not aware of pre-written integrations to these tools. However DOORS NG offers a number of APIs for integrations, and services teams can build them for you if you don't want to write the integration yourself.

Server-side:  OSLC APIs, reportable REST APIs, and Tracked Resource Set (TRS) APIs
Client-side (browser): Javascript APIs

Comments
Gary Dang commented Feb 01 '17, 7:27 p.m.

thanks Bas and Daniel for your response. I will take this back to stakeholders.

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Feb 01 '17, 3:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

And to expand in the ways to integrate with DNG:

• OSLC RM V2 API - the open standard way to programmatically integrate with DOORS Next Generation, there is an elaborate workshop to get you started here OSLC Workshop article. These programs can be from any language that support HTTP REST calls, e.g. Java, C# etc. Hence these are more flexible to run and can read and update DNG data, as part of a web server, or standalone, but have some limitations set by the current OSLC standard, for example module support.
  • TRS (Tracked Resource Sets) is the REST API to hook into the stream of low level changes done to resources in the DNG application
  • and additionally, there is the so called client extension capability, these are Javascript extension that generally added as widgets you can run from the dashboard, and can be used to view and edit DNG data. It's more tailored to DNG, so has better module support, but is limited to run in a browser/javascript environment.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.