It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 6.0.3: Where can i find detailed documentation for Requirements reconciliation for config enabled projects when test plan is linked to a requirement module?

Neeta Valera (45340) | asked Jan 31 '17, 1:53 p.m.
retagged Feb 03 '17, 3:05 a.m. by Minakshi Jaint (5113)

1. Where can I find detail documentation on this requirements reconcile process when requirement modules are linked with test plans in RQM for config enabled projects? I tried to look thru’ on IBM site and everywhere it talks about the requireemnts reconciliation with test cases and not test plans. In addition it says, the test cases requirement reconciliation is not supported for config enabled projects.

2. According to the documentation on the various status types on the reconciliation scree, if requirements are removed or deleted from the requirement module linked to  a test plan in DNG since the last reconcile run, it should list the deleted requirements when we reconcile next time but it does not do that.

1. If a requirement is changed in DNG since the last reconcile, then that requirement’s status should change to “modified” the next time we perform the reconcile but the status still says “new” and not “modified”.

2 answers

permanent link
Krupa Gunhalkar (4512) | answered Feb 03 '17, 3:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Neeta,

For CM Enabled Projects,
Reconcile window will display Reconcile Removed Items, Reconcile Deleted Items, and Reconcile Updated Items . However with a difference that you will not be able to do any kind of action on them like , Create Quality Task, Suspect and Clear Suspect unlike Non CM Enabled projects.

Please refer the links below for a detailed information on the feature.

Support reconcile operation opt-in
[QM] Support validity service

Hope this helps,
Krupa Gunhalkar

permanent link
abhishek gour (3812) | answered Jan 31 '17, 9:19 p.m.

Hi Neeta,

Test cases requirement reconciliation in facilitated through a new feature called "link validity". Please have a look at following link for more information regarding your question.

Please  have a look at this link ( And the another link regarding "link validity" given along with above page ) and get back to us on this forum if you still have more questions in this regard. 
Thanks,
Abhishek

Comments
Neeta Valera commented Feb 01 '17, 11:38 a.m.

Thank you for your response. 

According to the documentation in the link you specified, for config enabled projects, "The reconcile operation does not check for changed requirements." it does not clarify if these additional actions will be DISPLAYED for config enabled projects: "If there are additional pending actions, the Reconcile Requirements window displays the actions and the list of requirements associated with each action: Reconcile Removed Items, Reconcile Deleted Items, and Reconcile Updated Items." it does mention that "No action is offered for configuration-enabled projects. For removed, deleted, and unplanned items, you can open the associated test case to make any required updates." It is perhaps confusing what I am asking - simply put I am asking if the reconcile window will at least display Reconcile Removed Items, Reconcile Deleted Items, and Reconcile Updated Items or not for config enabled projects or it just does not allow you to make any updates from that window and you have to go to the individual test case?

Thank you

Neeta

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.