It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does user ccm_user need a license?

Stephane Couillaud (15632344) | asked Jan 25 '17, 5:23 p.m.
retagged Jan 30 '17, 10:27 a.m. by Michael Afshar (7014)

I see from earlier posts, and the documentation that the system account ccm_user (or any system account for that matter) does not require a license. However, we do see messages in our jts.log (see error below) stating that it's unable to checkout a license for that user because there are no more licenses to serve. The shortage of license is something I'll need to address, but the question is do we or don't we need a license for that user? Seems a bit confusing.  Currently we have a Developer license assigned to this user (Can't say I recall assigning one in the first place years ago). Can we safely unassign the license to that user? We are currently on version 5.0.2.  Lastly, what are the functions for that user exactly?

Thanks,

-Steph

2017-01-24 02:32:18,695 [WebContainer : 72 @@ 02:32 <unauthenticated> <Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.1@10.39.16.145> /jts/service/com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.ILicenseRestService/assertLicense]  WARN .team.repository.servlet.AbstractTeamServerServlet  - CRJAZ1163I LicenseNotGrantedException processing GET request for com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.ILicenseRestService.getAssertLicense(). CRJAZ1170I The request was made by user "ccm_user" from "10.39.11.9".CRJAZ1166I The stack trace hash is 301612D243701DE24BC0AAB4798B7D93A2BB8D28.
com.ibm.team.repository.common.LicenseNotGrantedException: CRJAZ1286W No more floating licenses are available for use.  The "Developer-Floating" license that is currently assigned can do the operation, but no more of those licenses are available for checkout.
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.FloatingLicenseClient.checkoutLicense(FloatingLicenseClient.java:421)
More.....

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jan 25 '17, 6:08 p.m.

Comments
Stephane Couillaud commented Jan 26 '17, 1:01 p.m. | edited Jan 26 '17, 1:02 p.m.

Yes I had seen these posts and documentation.  What I'm puzzled about is, why is this ccm_user account trying to check out a license (I understand that we may have assigned one by mistake long ago), if it doesn't need one in the first place?  There shouldn't be any option to assign any if that's the case. Also I was hoping to find more detailed info about what this ccm_user account does exactly.  The documentation is rather vague.

Donald Nong commented Jan 29 '17, 11:32 p.m.

I don't have an answer for that. What you showed is the JTS log right? I think you need to dig into the CCM log to find out what RTC/CCM was doing at that time.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.