It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

lscm list changes with -workspace option still shows unresolved file path

Riccardo Rossi (3187) | asked Jan 25 '17, 3:05 a.m.

Hello,
when I execute the following "list changes" command with or without --workspace option I always have <unresolved> path in the output.
My question is Why? And How to resolve this issue?
I verified that putting a wrong name in the workspace parameter the command fails with a message.
I tested also with the workspace id and the workspace name but still obtained unresolved file path.

C:\jazz\scmtools\eclipse>lscm list changes -r RTC --workspace _72E-kIo7EeaN3cJHKl2hSw  _eBNYoKDZEeaN48JHKl2hSw
Change sets:
  (2037) ----$ Riccardo Rossi "<No comment>"
    Component: (2038) "agent_java"
    Modified: 02-Nov-2016 10:23 AM
    Changes:
      ---c- (2039) \<unresolved>\VariableTableAction.java
      ---c- (2040) \<unresolved>\VariableTable.java
    Work items:
      (2041) 165928 "Variable table plugin"

Comments
Lily Wang commented Jan 31 '17, 1:10 a.m.

Could you confirm that the component is included in the workspace and you have the access to the workspace?

yu zhao commented Aug 12 '19, 2:08 a.m. | edited Aug 12 '19, 1:32 p.m.

I encountered the same problem, have you resolved it? thanks

One answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Aug 12 '19, 3:37 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 12 '19, 4:05 p.m.
This often happens if the file itself and/or the parent folders do not exist in the workspace provided (this workspace is the 'context' used to resolve the full parent path of each file).

For example:
-The file may exist at '\dirA\VariableTable.java' in WorkspaceA
-The file may exist at '\dirB\dirC\VariableTable.java' in WorkspaceB (notice it's in a completely different parent folder path)
-The file may not exist in WorkspaceC, in which case it would show <unresolved>\VariableTable.java

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.