It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to change order of columns in Kanban wall view?

Akos Gellenyi (1315) | asked Jan 23 '17, 9:23 a.m.

Hello,

I want to change the order of sub-status columns in Kanban wall view. We use 3 statuses under Closed in the following order: UAT passed > Signed off > Deployed. But when I am displaying them, they come up in different order: Deployed > UAT passed > Signed off. Can I change this order somehow?

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jan 23 '17, 7:54 p.m.

Just a wild guess - what are the "ID" for these statuses? You may need to look into the Process Configuration Source to find them out.

Akos Gellenyi commented Jan 24 '17, 4:42 a.m.

Can you please specify where do I see this? The statuses appear in the order how they are at Workflows menu in the administration screen but there I can not change their order.

Donald Nong commented Jan 25 '17, 1:25 a.m.

You need to use the RTC Eclipse client. After you open the configuration of a project area, you will see the Process Configuration Source tab.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 25 '17, 2:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think Donald tries to say that you have to go into the Process configuration source XML and reorder the state definitions to conform to your requirement. You can only do that directly in the XML.

Comments
Akos Gellenyi commented Feb 06 '17, 9:18 a.m.

Hello Ralph,

I reordered the states in the xml but this only changed the order on the Application Administration screen but not in the plans view in the project area itself. 

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 06 '17, 9:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Dang. Bummer. I have seen this having an effect on many things. Then maybe this is not possible and you should maybe create an enhancement request.

permanent link
Simon Eickel (1.1k75457) | answered Nov 24 '20, 6:56 a.m.

This was implemented in version 7.0. 

You can do it now on the fly but please be aware of that the plan view configuration does not to be open for that.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.