It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 6.0.3: Why won't my custom attributes show up as required?

Heather Linsk (1422151) | asked Jan 17 '17, 4:14 p.m.

I have two projects in RTC, dev and test.

In both projects I have the same two attributes - Action (enumeration), Action Response (string)

I am trying to make both of those fields required in the Closed Pending and Closed states.

In my dev area this works just fine.

In my test area - where I have a lot of other attributes, conditions, and validators, they are not showing up as required.

Are there other settings in the process configuration that could be interfering with the required settings in my test project?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Heather Linsk (1422151) | answered Jan 25 '17, 8:33 p.m.

I have the answer.  I had customized the operational behavior on work item save for a particular role, not realizing I had to apply the conditions and rules to that role as well.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8279269) | answered Jan 23 '17, 1:37 p.m.

Hello,

Could it be your permissions? Are you in one group on dev and another on test? Is that group's permission different?

Comments
Heather Linsk commented Jan 23 '17, 1:59 p.m.

Hi Sterling, 

I have the same permissions in both areas.  

Sterling Ferguson-II commented Jan 23 '17, 3:04 p.m.

That's weird. When this happened to me the fields were both configured the same in the preconditions, but the PROD precon, was connected to Role1 and Role2, the UAT one was connected to Role1 only on the other machine.

I also had it where the user was in Role1 and 2 on Prod, but not in the Roles on another machine.

Everything checks out for you though?

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jan 24 '17, 12:25 a.m.

Just a wild guess - if you're using a condition script, make sure that you use the correct state ID, as it can be different in different environments.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 24 '17, 2:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Also use console.log to log information and check the log files.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.