It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Importing workitems from CVS into RTC with a Multiple Selection List

Russell Ray (134) | asked Jan 16 '17, 12:33 p.m.
retagged Jan 20 '17, 4:50 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

We are using RTC version 5.0.2 with iFix011.  I am using the Jazz Eclipse plugin to import the CSV file into RTC.  I am following the recommended process for the import.  The import operation involves several columns.  One such column is a list of "components".  This list is predefined and associated with the "components" object. The import works fines when the "components" column has only one component.  The problem is when the "components" column has multiple items in it.  I have tried multiple combinations.   I have also exported a story from RT with multiple "components" in an effort to see how it should look in the CSV file.  These efforts have not proved successful. 

Type    Summary   Filed Against    Priority   Planned For    Planned Release      Components 
Story   Blah Blah     Project Name    High       Backlog            May 2017                   Component1 Component2

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 16 '17, 12:43 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

It is always a good idea to just try an export in case you are not sure about how the import format looks like.
The componet list attribute will be exported with CR/LF linebreak as a separator, as far as I remember. I'd suggest to have a small test server where yu can try this stuff without having to create bogus data on the real system.

Russell Ray selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Russell Ray commented Jan 16 '17, 1:34 p.m.

Thank you for your answer.  Yep, that was the issue.  I needed to enclose the component list in "" and have a CR/LF between each component.  

One other answer

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Jan 20 '17, 4:50 p.m.

For additional info. see these Help topics:  Importing work items from a CSV file and Exporting work items.

Ken

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.