It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

URI to get the details of the tabs in the Project Dashboard in CLM

Naveen Prasad (113) | asked Jan 16 '17, 1:53 a.m.

Hi, 

Is there any URI which we can run to get the details for the Tabs that are present on the Project Dashboard?
If yes, could you please provide the URI, so that i can try that out. 

we are using CLM v5.0.2 with iFix017

Thanks in advance for the help!

Regards,
Naveen Prasad.

Comments
Miguel Tomico commented Jan 16 '17, 3:38 a.m. | edited Dec 18 '17, 3:48 a.m.
Sorry,
I'm having trouble understanding your question.

What do you mean by 'get the details for the Tabs'?

Naveen Prasad commented Jan 16 '17, 4:20 a.m. | edited Dec 18 '17, 3:48 a.m.

Hi, 

Sorry for the confusion!

Below is the details: 

As you login to the RTC Project area there is a dashboard and the on the dashboard the project team would have created many Tabs (Say for every release they have a release Tabs) and these release tabs would be having the release specific Widgets added and the result would be shown on the Dashboard.

My Question here is, is there any URI which can be used to get the information of the Tabs (Just the high level information, such as the Tabs name on the Dashboard) that has been created on the Project area Dashboard?

Hope this clarifies the question!

Please do let me know if i would need to provide any other information, will be glad to update it.

Thanks,
Naveen Prasad.

2 answers

permanent link
Miguel Tomico (5001323) | answered Jan 17 '17, 3:57 a.m.
edited Jan 17 '17, 4:07 a.m.

https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/09/30/learning-to-fly-getting-started-with-the-rtc-java-apis/

Also isnt there any method to get the Dashboard (Tabs) information???
Like I said, not directly or 'officially'. Is it really that surprising?
Sorry for this, but it sounds questionable, to say the least, trying to get the list of product releases based on dashboard tabs.
Like Ralph Schoon mentioned recently,
"Very often someone with a lack of experience has thought about implementing something to achieve some goal, due to some request, assuming that the API's/extension mechanism will support this."
I'm seeing it more and more here in the forum, and it leads to the tool not fulfilling some wrong expectations, bad implementations, user dissatisfaction, etc etc.

I would strongly recommend to seek professional advice. This is, hire the professional services of someone with the extensive knowledge required for managing and customising a tool like RTC.
If that's not possible due to budget, I would recommend you to spend several weeks self training on extending and configuring RTC. Complete carefully the RTC extension workshop and go from there.

permanent link
Miguel Tomico (5001323) | answered Jan 16 '17, 5:13 a.m.

Still not 100% sure to have understood your question, but let me just say that

you can get the URL pointing to a specific tab of a dashboard. For example:
but I don't think you can get directly the details of any of the widgets or the tab name via a URL.
Maybe if you clarified what's the business need behind this solution you are suggesting, there would be options.

Comments
Naveen Prasad commented Jan 16 '17, 6:13 a.m. | edited Dec 18 '17, 3:49 a.m.

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for the update!

Let me try to clarify bit more... 

The URL you have provided will take us to the dashboard which has 3 tabs : Home, Trend Report (URL will take to this tab on the dashboard directly) and Feeds. Likewise we have numerous tabs created on the Project Dashboard and we would like to extract all the Tab names from the Project Dashboard as an XML (by running the URI)

EX: IBM has a generic URI to extract the Project areas list as an XML, 
https://server:port/context-root/process/project-areas.

So wanted to check if there any URI using which we can extract just the TAB Names from the Project Dashboard?

The reason i am asking is that there are Many RTC Projects in our environment and within each project we have numerous TABS has been created and these are the Product's and their various releases. And for reporting purpose we have to update the mgmt with the release details. 

We can do it manually but it is very time consuming, so wanted to check if this can be done using a URI. 

Thanks,

Miguel Tomico commented Jan 16 '17, 6:49 a.m. | edited Dec 18 '17, 3:49 a.m.

Aaaah. That's a lot clearer. Thanks for the explanation.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is an API or a REST service on dashboards.
One possibility would be inspecting the generated HTML. Maybe using Selenium. It's not a very elegant solution, to be honest.

However, if you just want to list the releases,
why don't you export the timelines (iterations)?
You can do that easily using the Java Client API.
That would be elegant ;)

Naveen Prasad commented Jan 17 '17, 2:34 a.m. | edited Dec 18 '17, 3:49 a.m.

Hi Miguel, 

Some for the projects has the dashboard with the Releases, but most of them have it with the unique names, so for those using the iterations exporting would be good. 

Could you please share any documentation related to the Java Client API, so that i can check it and try once. 

Also isnt there any method to get the Dashboard (Tabs) information???

Thanks in advance.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.