It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Load and Build only those components in which changes took place

Hareesh Jairaj (832138) | asked Jan 14 '17, 10:05 a.m.

Hi All,

Am working on a setup where RTC build Definition is connected to Jenkins job for build.
  • We are implementing timely builds for a a team whose WorkSpace contains 50 components.Now,Tool fetches all the components and gets build successfully. 
I am looking for a solution where i can fetch the components in which changes happened and build. Lets say today team has worked on 5 components, tool should fetch only those 5 components and proceed for build.Is there any workaround to implement this? or any logical implementation is possible?

Any Suggestion on this would be a great help.

Thanks in advance,
Hareesh.

One answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Jan 16 '17, 1:26 a.m.

If you are doing incremental build which only need to load changed files, you can uncheck "Delete directory before loading" load options in Jazz Source Control tab of the build definition.

If what you want to do is a full build with the changed components only, I think you need to write some script using scm command line. The scm command lines can compare the current build snapshot with previous snapshot to list the new change sets and changed files. Then using "scm load" to load the changed components in build workspace.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.