It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using Cobertura for code coverage

Richard Moran (676) | asked Sep 03 '09, 5:29 p.m.
Is there any way I can use Cobertura for code coverage and convert to format needed to publish into team concert. Currently version 1.x uses Emma and appears to create an analysis file and a summary file that are in format that does not appear to be easily translatable. Any help would be appreciated.

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Sep 04 '09, 2:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I don't know that particular solution.

Assuming you meant using it in builds: if you can run it from your build, e.g. calling it during the build you could attach the results or link them to the build result similar to the build log.

A conversion would not be mandatory to have a benefit. Other posts here indicate it would be possible to create an extension that adds a new tab that could support to display different formats. However that would probably be a considerable amount of work. Options I would look into are:

- Is there a way to publish the result e.g. as Web Site or PFD? If so, attach the link to the build results.
- Is there a way to attach them as files or better store the files on some server file system with a unique folder or file name and have them automatically opened following the link? If so, attach the link to the build result.

Just my thoughts,

Ralph

permanent link
Richard Moran (676) | answered Sep 04 '09, 12:28 p.m.
Appreciate the reply. I was indeed speaking about the build. Currently I am attaching the XML results to the build so it is available as a download. I was looking for a way to publish it into the RTC database as can be done with the Emma results so that it shows in the code coverage reporting viewlet. Thanks.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Sep 04 '09, 5:46 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I'd look into the ant tasks available. They are described in the help and allow publishing as well as uploading.

Ralph

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.