It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is RTC Component Remote Path different in 6.0.3?

Stephen Toop (10112123) | asked Jan 12 '17, 10:26 a.m.

Hi,
we are in the process of moving from RTC 4.0.7 to RTC 6.0.3. As part of the preparation we are testing our build system that was developed using various scripts and RTC scm command line tasks.

That system was built around 4.0.7 and relied on the fact that the component "Remote Path" is set to "/"

I create new components in RTC 6.0.3 coped the code across, and ran a "share project" in eclipse and now see the the component remote path to be "/COMPONENT NAME". This has the adverse effect of adding an additional folder in the hierarchy when loaded from SCM commands.

In eclipse when I load the component I see the COMPONENT NAME/code...
Using the SCM command line to load the component i see COMPONENT NAME/COMPONENT NAME/code...
This is only at 6.0.3
So questions are:
1. Is this correct now at 6.0.3?
2. Did I do something different at component creation/project share to get a remote path of not /?
3. How can I fix it such that component path is / ?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Stephen

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 12 '17, 11:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't have an idea, but RTC 6.0 introduced hierarchical components and maybe that required some changes.

One answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Jan 12 '17, 7:14 p.m.

I don't see the problem in my RTC 6.0.3 environment.

Before you shared the project, you mentioned you copied the code across. Have you imported the existing project to Eclipse? What's the project's root directory? 
During my testing, when I shared the project RTC created the Eclipse project's root directory under the component's root directory "/". For example I had ".project" file under "C:\temp\myproject". Then I imported "C:\temp\myproject" into Eclipse as a new project. After I shared the project to Jazz Source Control, in Pending changes view I could see the path is "/myproject".

In addition, you can also create a testing environment using your production data. Then upgrade the testing environment to RTC 6.0.3 and check if the component remote path is changed or not.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.