It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Question on Burndown Report

Susan Arnovick (1311613) | asked Sep 03 '09, 4:20 p.m.
Hi
Sometimes when I view a Burndown chart, it will show data that I don't understand. One time the last point on the chart was actually showing as two points, when you hover over the points, it actually showed two different values so I was not sure which one is correct. I assume this data is collected from the Data Warehouse? Could it just be a fluke in how it was charted? Any insight to what is happening here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Sep 03 '09, 6:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes. The last point is a live point that shows the current value. The other points come from the data warehouse and correspond to midnight of each day.

permanent link
Susan Arnovick (1311613) | answered Sep 03 '09, 6:48 p.m.
Hi
Sometimes when I view a Burndown chart, it will show data that I don't understand. One time the last point on the chart was actually showing as two points, when you hover over the points, it actually showed two different values so I was not sure which one is correct. I assume this data is collected from the Data Warehouse? Could it just be a fluke in how it was charted? Any insight to what is happening here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I believe I just learned that one of the data points is "live" and the other is from the Data Warehouse. That would explain it! If there is anything else that you could tell me, that would be great. Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.