It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 6.2: Setting work item attribute value from web services

Naveen Tyagi (19768152) | asked Jan 11 '17, 1:19 a.m.

Hi All,
I have been doing a POC in which i have to set work item attributes value from a web service. Can anybody suggest the best way to implement this ?
I am planning to write a server plugin that will execute on save  and  set the value of the few custom attribute in work item. 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 11 '17, 5:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This does not make sense to me. If you want to set a value of a work item from a web service, you would have to implement the write operation in said web service. You would use the RTC Client API or preferably the CM OSLC API to do that.

A follow up action will only be able to set information on work item save.

Comments
Naveen Tyagi commented Jan 12 '17, 1:01 a.m.

Hi Ralap,
Even i am also not clear why they want it for. but requirement is slightly different now than the actual question.
They don't want it on save but when user click on a "Tab" which contains these attributes, call the web service to to set the value for attributes in the Tab.
can we invoke the server plugin/OSLC service to set the value of the attributes every time user click on the work item  "Tab" in Web Client?. Is there any way to get it resolved by Java Script/Dojo?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.