It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to to clear the the owner attribute value in WI type Defect every time the defect is opened for edit?

Eduardo Buchwald (33) | asked Jan 10 '17, 1:25 p.m.

I need to clear the value of the Owner every time I open it for edition, to force everyone to assign the defect to it's real responsible, I'm newbie and need some help to do this.

2 answers

permanent link
robert genzinger (1613) | answered Jan 11 '17, 4:29 p.m.

no, this is not possible with the default build-in customization settings or pre and post condition

how to get this:
write an extension
there are a lot of examples on jazz net or various blogs of smart customers

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Jan 10 '17, 3:14 p.m.

This is of questionable merit, IMO. 

1. Artifically forces judgment on any potential change, which may not be directly related to the current owner ( e.g. adding a remark )
  2. could cause excessive notifications to parties no longer "interested" as assigning owner I think also assigns that person as a subscriber, definitely the person saving the work item will be subscribed.  This would leave quite the trail
Any time a work item is viewed it is potentially modifiable.  Data present on the work item is subject to validation and operation behavior(s) when the Save action is taken.   RTC has at least 1 attribute ( Filed Against ) whose intent is to at least initially triage the work item.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.