It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

in RTC jetty based setup only the default users from RTC extending workshop setup are able to login and not other users created later, how to resolve this? in RTC 6.0.2

anup Gaur (1392144) | asked Jan 09 '17, 7:28 a.m.
edited Jan 09 '17, 7:29 a.m.

in RTC jetty based setup after running the RTC extending workshop, few default users are created like TestJazzAdmin1 etc. These are able to login. I have created a few other users and given them licenses. They are not able to login. Debug console shows the following error in red:

2017-01-09 17:47:49.197:WARN::AUTH FAILURE: user abcde

Here abcde is the user login. Is there some kind of limitation for non default users in the Jetty setup. We are using RTC 6.0.2. 

2 answers

permanent link
Pascal Hürlimann (16) | answered Nov 21 '19, 8:47 a.m.
Ralph's answer is right, you can create users and log in with them using the assigned password. However, that is only true until you restart the run configuration / embedded jetty. The reason for this can be found in the sdk, namely the com.ibm.team.server.embedded.jetty.auth.realm.TeamRealm class responsible for handling the jetty authentication during development.

Also, that class provides the answer for how to log in with arbitrarily created users: Any user can be logged in using "password" (private static final String MAGIC_PASSWORD = "password").

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 09 '17, 8:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 09 '17, 9:33 a.m.

I just did the same with Jetty on the 6.0.3 SDK and I neither have problems with creating the users, nor do the users have an issue logging in.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.