It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG: Export 'linked display columns' values to excel

Peter Bouten (6817) | asked Jan 05 '17, 9:56 a.m.
edited Jan 05 '17, 10:08 a.m.
I am using a view to show the attribute values of a linked artifact as a column. (Manual on exporting)

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Link two requirements in DNG (e.g. use 'Link To') (Ensure to have correctly set link constraints if appropriate)
  2. 'Brows artifacts'
  3. Configure columns display
  4. Change Column Display Settings
  5. Select link (e.g. Link To)
  6. Format
  7. Select attribute (e.g. Description)
  8. Save the view (Notice the description being directly shown in this view)
  9. Export to excel

Notice that the column 'Link:Link To' does not contain any values. Expected was the description in this column.

How to export what I see in the view?

Build Information       
Rational DOORS Next Generation

Version:  6.0.2   

Build ID: RDNG6.0.2-I20160322_2352

2 answers

permanent link
robert genzinger (1613) | answered Jan 11 '17, 3:52 p.m.

yes, you can display in DNG in a view additional attributes of the linked source.
no, with the default export command to cvs or xls this information is not directly exported
if you have a closer look at the cvs or xls file, you see on the url of the linked source.

how to get this information:
choose JRS, run an report and export this to excel
in JR you can , like in the view, select the link relation to another source and in the format chapter select the attribute, you want to see from the linkes source.

permanent link
Cassia Matteo (1412) | answered Jan 11 '17, 11:28 a.m.

Hi Peter

I have tested the above scenario in 6.0.2 and it seems to be working fine. The Link:Link to column is populated in the case the link is originating in the artifact; otherwise the Link:Link From column is populated in the case the link is going from the artifact.

Please ensure the view is saved and the column contains values; it might be a good test to also add the Link From column to the view and check its behaviour when exported to CSV.

If the above does not work I suggest you log a PMR to support so we can further investigate your use case.

Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.