It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adding jars for a ServletFilter

Kevin Creason (1123) | asked Jan 04 '17, 4:30 p.m.
I am running 6.0.3 on linux with the default liberty.
I'd like to add some Jar files for our SSO servlet filter agent.
I've tried putting them in the JTS_HOME/server/liberty/wlp/lib directory but it complains that it cannot find the filter class.
I've also tried putting them in the JTS_HOME/jre/lib/ext and endorsed directories, and while it sees the servlet filter classes, it cannot find the javax.servlet.Filter class.
[ERROR   ] SRVE0315E: An exception occurred: java.lang.Throwable: javax.servlet.ServletException: Filter [Cams Servlet Filter Web Agent]: com.cafesoft.security.webagent.servletFilter.CamsServletFilterWebAgent was found, but is missing another required class.

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.handleRequest(WebApp.java:4913)
    at [internal classes]
Caused by: javax.servlet.ServletException: Filter [Cams Servlet Filter Web Agent]: com.cafesoft.security.webagent.servletFilter.CamsServletFilterWebAgent was found, but is missing another required class.

at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager._loadFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:639)
    ... 1 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax.servlet.Filter

Do I have to add the classes to each of the apps? Or is there a better place? Or is this not possible with this version of java?

2 answers

permanent link
Roberto Sanchez Herrera (2862) | answered Jan 05 '17, 12:00 p.m.
Two more approaches you could try.
Adding global libraries to all applications: http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSRTLW_8.5.5/com.ibm.websphere.wlp.nd.multiplatform.doc/ae/twlp_classloader_global_libs.html

Using shared libraries:
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSRTLW_8.5.5/com.ibm.websphere.wlp.nd.multiplatform.doc/ae/cwlp_sharedlibrary.html

Comments
Kevin Creason commented Jan 05 '17, 1:17 p.m.

This looks very helpful!
I'm looking at the global libraries option--
So, my server.xml is mostly high-level protocol. The applications are defined in a conf/application.xml.
The applications are WARs not EARs, and do not have a classloader section already, so when I add this section, will I be breaking anything existing?
<server><library id="cams"><fileset dir="/opt/ibm/JazzTeamServer/lib" includes="*.jar" /></library>
<application type="war" id="jts" name="jts" location="${server.config.dir}/apps/jts.war">
<classloader apiTypeVisibility="spec" commonLibraryRef="cams" />
<application-bnd>
<security-role name="JazzAdmins">
                <group name="JazzAdmins" />
     </security-role>
... etc ....      </application-bnd>
    </application>

Kevin Creason commented Jan 05 '17, 1:51 p.m.

I received the following error trying simple setup above:
[ERROR   ] CWWKL0008E: Application [cams#cams.war] cannot use the common class loader for library [cams] because they have inconsistent API visibility configurations. Library [cams] is configured with [[spec, ibm-api, api]] and application [cams#cams.war] is configured with [[spec]].

permanent link
Roberto Sanchez Herrera (2862) | answered Jan 04 '17, 4:41 p.m.
Maybe the approach mentioned here?
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35379315/create-a-servlet-filter-websphere-liberty-profile

Comments
Kevin Creason commented Jan 04 '17, 6:29 p.m.

Thanks, that looks like it could be helpful but I'm missing a lot of background information. I'm trying to catch up. Would this be added into the server.xml, it has a featureManager block:
    <!-- Enable features -->
    <featureManager>
        <feature>monitor-1.0</feature>

<feature>appSecurity-2.0</feature>
        <feature>adminCenter-1.0</feature>
    </featureManager>

While I parse and find out what I need to know, how about making classes shared from one app to another?
I was able to add the jars do the demo app and have liberty deploy it and verify it works. I was shown this link, but I don't think this liberty server has a console like shown.
Note, I deployed my demo app manually, should I have used the installUtility to add it?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.