It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to assign a test plan to a test case execution record after the TCER has been created?

Allex K (111) | asked Jan 04 '17, 3:43 p.m.

Relating to QM: My company currently uses version 6.0.1 and we created a Test Plan with several test scripts and have TCER's for all of them, however only 7 were properly assigned to the Test Plan when they were created.

When I go into the TCER, under Summary, there is an area where it either shows as linked to the Test Plan, or Unassigned. There's also a green "+" and an eraser next to that area where I should be able to pick a Test Plan, but can't.

What do I need to do to assign a Test Plan to a TCER after it's been run? I'm guessing it must be possible because of those icons next to that area, but I don't know if I need certain permissions to access those buttons, or if there's just something I'm not doing.

And if it's not possible, why?

One answer

permanent link
abhishek gour (3812) | answered Jan 09 '17, 2:01 a.m.

Hi Allex,

Thank you for your question. Your scenario looks to be an issue with the RQM Test Case Execution Record Editor Page. Ideally if TCER is not executed then user should be permitted to change the Test Plan on the TCER Summary Section. But if the TCER is executed, then it is not permitted to change because Test Results gets generated for those. 

Current possible work around to add Test Plans to already existed TCER is to do it via Table View of TCER. 
Steps are as follows - 
1. Start Browse TCER view. TCER table should be visible.
2. Ensure that TCER table have Test Plan as one of the columns. If not then add the column via "Change Column Display Settings" icon. 
3. Now for those TCERs which are not executed, you should be able to update the Test Plan via "Change Test Plan" icon available with test plan column header. 

If it is not permitted then you should get an error prompt that Test Plan is executed.

I hope this helps. 
Regarding the issue with editor, we would analyse and resolve it accordingly. Would update more on this here later.
Thanks,
Abhishek

Comments
Jörg Werner commented Apr 18 '17, 11:00 a.m.

Hi Abhishek,
any updates? I run today in the same issue...
thanks, Jörg

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.