It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does PDF of RQM Test Plan sometimes include "&nbsp" Validates Requirements links

Curt Merrick (37213) | asked Jan 04 '17, 2:32 p.m.
edited Jan 05 '17, 1:39 p.m.

When generating a PDF of an RQM test plan, we get a mixture of "&nbsp" and plain blanks when referencing the same DNG requirement within the same PDF. For example, we will have a Validates Requirement appear in the PDF both as "12345: The abc shall ..." and "12345: The'ampersand nbsp semi-colon'abc'ampersand nbsp semi-colon'shall'ampersand nbsp semi-colon'..." What causes this? What do we need to do to make RQM report per the first example (ie real spaces in all cases)?

Comments
Ara Masrof commented Jan 05 '17, 2:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

What version are you seeing this in?

Curt Merrick commented Jan 05 '17, 3:24 p.m.

Hi Ara -

We are running 5.0.2 iFix005 and have just started the process of upgrading to 6.0.3. I understand from APAR PI51024: [WI 143327] that this is specific to PDF's of Summary Reports. Is there another way to generate the PDF that does not result in the "non-blank space" characters?

Michael Triantafelow commented Jan 11 '17, 8:16 a.m.

This sounds familiar to me.  I think we fixed this in one of the 6.x releases.  Let me see if I can track down the defect number.

One answer

permanent link
Michael Triantafelow (4513) | answered Jan 11 '17, 8:25 a.m.

I think this is probably the issue described by defect 143653 (https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=143653).  Looks like that defect was found in 5.0.2 and fixed in 6.0.1.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.