It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to move work items from one project area to another in the same RTC 6.0.2 repository

Krasimir Malchev (56531) | asked Dec 28 '16, 9:03 a.m.

Hello,

We need to urgently move work items in one project area to another one in the same repository and retain their IDs, all links, history, attachments, attributes, etc.

Both project areas are inheriting the same process.

I saw that when you select one work item in the RTC Eclipse client there is an option to move it to another project area in the same repository. However we need to move thousands of work items and manually it would be virtually impossible to do it. Is there an "scm" command to use in a script?

I know that there is a plug-in created for bulk move but it is not usable for our RTC version - 6.0.2.

In general: what is the best option?

Thanks in advance for your support!

Comments
Krasimir Malchev commented Dec 29 '16, 3:18 a.m.

Dear Colleagues,

I'd really appreciate it if someone answers to the question here.
 I doubt it I am the first to deal with this issue.
 I also doubt it there is no solution as it is something standard during data migration.

Thanks a lot for your responses in advance!

Greetings!

2 answers

permanent link
Alexander Pawlik (6128) | answered Jan 09 '17, 3:24 p.m.

Krasimir,

As discussed we now have a PlugIn that can move a work item with all references (change sets, approvals, comments, ...). So everything should be fine and we can proceed with the move of one team area within a project area to another project area on the same server.

Best regards

Alexander

Comments
Uzma Firdausi commented Sep 21 '18, 7:54 a.m. | edited Sep 30 '18, 5:13 a.m.

Hi Krasimir,

Was this resolved?

I am using RTC 5.0.2 and have a smiliare situation . I need to move some work items along with its children to another project without losing data and references. Can you let me know how you went about resolving this issue?

Stefan Oblinger commented Sep 21 '18, 9:07 a.m.

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Jan 04 '17, 1:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Krasimir,

your request is totally legitimite. Unfortunately it seems you are stuck in history between the (unsupported) bulk move plugin not being further updated and the actual feature request not being implemented yet.

I suggest to subscribe to the feature request. To solve your actual problem you will need to write a java script against the RTC client SDK which changes the ownership of the work items. A good starting point is https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/10/29/using-work-item-queris-for-automation/

- Arne

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.