It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Read Jazz information without valid license

Gaurav Tapadkar (2713) | asked Dec 27 '16, 2:25 p.m.
edited Jan 02 '17, 5:31 a.m. by Mehul Patel (9695)

Hello,

I would like to understand what options are available to read the information from Jazz (RM, CCM and QM) without a valid license. Is there any way to access it in more user friendly readable format with some tools rather than using raw sql queries to the database?

Thanks

Comments
Gaurav Tapadkar commented Jan 03 '17, 2:13 p.m.

Hello All,

Appreciate a reply on the question posted above.

Thanks

Donald Nong commented Jan 03 '17, 7:51 p.m.

You probably need to explain your use case in more details. Are you going to access the data in parallel to the normal use (with licenses)? Or are you going to salvage the data after abandoning the Jazz products completely?

Gaurav Tapadkar commented Jan 05 '17, 8:56 a.m.

Hi Donald,

I am not looking for accessing the data in parallel to the normal use. Instead I am exploring options to read the data after the license expiration. This will be useful for the data retention purpose.

Thanks

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 05 '17, 9:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Licenses don't expire (unless you have evaluation licenses).

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 05 '17, 4:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
RTC is, as far as I can tell, the only tool that provides at least minimal access to change management data (work items) to users without licenses. All other tools require a license even for read access.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.