It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC dies when I try to render a report with a chart.

Wes Gyure (62) | asked Sep 02 '09, 5:36 p.m.
I am using RTC 2.0 Client on my Mac (maybe part of the problem - I recognize and will try another platform). I am creating a report against the RTC Live Snapshot/Tables. When I create the report with tabular data and preview the report, all runs well. However as soon as I create a report with chart data and click preview, the entire client crashes. Any ideas?

4 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Sep 02 '09, 6:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am using RTC 2.0 Client on my Mac (maybe part of the problem - I recognize and will try another platform). I am creating a report against the RTC Live Snapshot/Tables. When I create the report with tabular data and preview the report, all runs well. However as soon as I create a report with chart data and click preview, the entire client crashes. Any ideas?

Hi

Do you have an Adobe Flash player installed on your system - you need this for the webUI, and I am wondering if this is needed on the Eclipse client too.

Keep logging queries about Mac clients - I know a few people who run RTC on Mac's (and at least one who would love to have a Mac to run RTC on :-)

anthony

permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered Sep 03 '09, 1:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
On 9/2/2009 6:22 PM, kesterto wrote:
wesgyurewrote:
I am using RTC 2.0 Client on my Mac (maybe part of the problem - I
recognize and will try another platform). I am creating a report
against the RTC Live Snapshot/Tables. When I create the report with
tabular data and preview the report, all runs well. However as soon
as I create a report with chart data and click preview, the entire
client crashes. Any ideas?

Hi

Do you have an Adobe Flash player installed on your system - you need
this for the webUI, and I am wondering if this is needed on the
Eclipse client too.

Keep logging queries about Mac clients - I know a few people who run
RTC on Mac's (and at least one who would love to have a Mac to run
RTC on :-)

anthony

You shouldn't need the flash player to use the BIRT editor or view
BIRT-based reports, regardless of the platform.

Is there an error in the client .log file? If this is a persistent
mac-based issue, a search on BIRT bugs on this platform might yield some
clues.

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

permanent link
Wes Gyure (62) | answered Sep 03 '09, 5:02 p.m.
On 9/2/2009 6:22 PM, kesterto wrote:
wesgyurewrote:
I am using RTC 2.0 Client on my Mac (maybe part of the problem - I
recognize and will try another platform). I am creating a report
against the RTC Live Snapshot/Tables. When I create the report with
tabular data and preview the report, all runs well. However as soon
as I create a report with chart data and click preview, the entire
client crashes. Any ideas?

Hi

Do you have an Adobe Flash player installed on your system - you need
this for the webUI, and I am wondering if this is needed on the
Eclipse client too.

Keep logging queries about Mac clients - I know a few people who run
RTC on Mac's (and at least one who would love to have a Mac to run
RTC on :-)

anthony

You shouldn't need the flash player to use the BIRT editor or view
BIRT-based reports, regardless of the platform.

Is there an error in the client .log file? If this is a persistent
mac-based issue, a search on BIRT bugs on this platform might yield some
clues.

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

Here is the exception that shows up in the .log file. Didn't find much on the web.

!ENTRY com.ibm.team.repository.client.util.ThreadCheck 4 1000 2009-09-03 14:45:53.545
!MESSAGE Long-running operations prohibited on this thread
!STACK 0
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Long-running operations prohibited on this thread
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.util.ThreadCheck.checkLongOpsAllowed(ThreadCheck.java:117)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invoke(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:81)
at $Proxy18.fetchSnapshotDescriptorByName(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.reports.client.internal.ReportManager$12.run(ReportManager.java:501)
at com.ibm.team.reports.client.internal.ReportManager$12.run(ReportManager.java:1)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository$3.run(TeamRepository.java:1164)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.CancelableCaller.call(CancelableCaller.java:79)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.callCancelableService(TeamRepository.java:1157)
at com.ibm.team.reports.client.internal.ReportManager.fetchSnapshotDescriptorByName(ReportManager.java:496)
at com.ibm.team.reports.client.oda.internal.ClientConnection.fetchSnapshotDescriptor(ClientConnection.java:73)
at com.ibm.team.reports.common.oda.generic.GenericConnection.getSnapshotDescriptor(GenericConnection.java:67)
at com.ibm.team.reports.client.oda.internal.ClientConnection.createQuery(ClientConnection.java:61)
at com.ibm.team.reports.common.oda.generic.GenericConnection.newQuery(GenericConnection.java:53)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.consumer.helper.OdaConnection.newQuery(OdaConnection.java:550)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.Connection.prepareOdaQuery(Connection.java:221)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.Connection.prepareStatement(Connection.java:159)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.DataSource.prepareStatement(DataSource.java:309)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.DataSourceQuery.prepare(DataSourceQuery.java:261)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedOdaDSQuery$OdaDSQueryExecutor.prepareOdiQuery(PreparedOdaDSQuery.java:345)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.prepareExecution(QueryExecutor.java:331)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedQuery.doPrepare(PreparedQuery.java:498)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.produceQueryResults(PreparedDataSourceQuery.java:189)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.execute(PreparedDataSourceQuery.java:177)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedOdaDSQuery.execute(PreparedOdaDSQuery.java:143)

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Sep 03 '09, 6:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The stack trace is just a warning that the server is being contacted on the UI thread and should not crash your machine.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.