It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC: Proper links are not shown in View of Release Plan

Deepali Deshmukh (8913759) | asked Dec 19 '16, 2:45 a.m.
edited Dec 19 '16, 2:47 a.m.
I have created a release plan called "Plan2017Dev" in RTC 6.0.2 using web client. In plan there are many epics ,stories and task that are planned for the release plan "Plan2017Dev". All the stories/epics and task are linked using link types Tracks->Contributes and Parent->children. When I am creating view as "Show all Tracks and Contributes To" by using Display as Tree and selecting "Tracks and Contributes To", its showing me Task that are not having Tracks/contribute link type along with Tracks/Contributes to. While I am expecting that it should show me only Task/Stories/Epics having Tracks and Contributes To link type. Also few tasks that don't belong to release plan  "Plan2017Dev" are appearing under it.
Have I missed any steps or is there any other way for creating such view.

Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks in Advance!
Deepali Nigade

One answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Dec 19 '16, 4:05 a.m.
To exclude the work items without a link, you need to add "Exclude" expression like "tracks:unset" or "contributesTo:unset". 

Comments
Deepali Deshmukh commented Dec 19 '16, 4:41 a.m.

Thank you Lily!!

The above expression is working. But I need both the link type "tracks:unset" and "contributes To: unset".

Deepali Deshmukh commented Dec 19 '16, 4:42 a.m.
In my present configuration have I missed any thing as its showing few tasks that are not planed for this plan.
It is also showning me tasks that is not having link type "Tracks and Contributes To". Below are the details of my configuration. 
Please help me understand Tree view for Planning in RTC

Display:Tree     Contributes To ->Tracks

Options:
Group- Iteration
Plan Check- Invalid Estimate Check 
Exclude- Empty Group
Exclude- Risks
Sorting- Priority
Bars- Progress

Lily Wang commented Dec 19 '16, 8:37 p.m.

If you use "Contributes To ->Tracks" for the Tree display, I think excluding "contributesTo:unset" is sufficient.

For the tasks that are not planed for this release, could you check if they are planed for any sub-iteration? Or do the tasks have link to other work items belonged to this release plan?

Deepali Deshmukh commented Dec 20 '16, 1:14 a.m. | edited Dec 20 '16, 1:14 a.m.

I tried using  "Contributes To ->Tracks" for the Tree display and  excluding "contributesTo:unset". Still it shows task that are not linked using Contributes To/Tracks. 

Deepali Deshmukh commented Dec 30 '16, 3:11 a.m.

Any update

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.