It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Attribute only editable on submit

Ilona Krammer (159447) | asked Dec 13 '16, 4:46 a.m.
Can I somehow configure an attribute (without java or javascript) to just be editable when the work item is being submitted - so just at the very first save? And as soon as it has the first state it cannot be changed anymore?
(It is a mandatory field so the editor has to choose a value before he/she saves for the first time)

I don't really want to create a separate state so that the user has to change states after saving..

Thanks in advance!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ilona Krammer (159447) | answered Dec 14 '16, 6:13 a.m.
So I used a precondition "read-only attributes for condition" and checked in the condition if the dropdown is still set to "Please select" or to a valid value. That kind of works out.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Dec 14 '16, 6:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Good approach, but you explicitly excluded attribute customization in your question.

Ilona Krammer commented Dec 14 '16, 6:32 a.m.

True - I hoped it would work better in another way and I'd overlooked something maybe in the configuration but it seems like a condition is the best option for this

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Dec 13 '16, 7:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can use the advisor "Read-Only Attributes For Type and State" and configure the attribute read only for all states but new. That is the closest I think you can get. In a custom condition or advisor you might be able to check that this is really the very first save, but I am not certain.

RTC Work Items where targeted to be simple to use and have limitations if it comes to fancy designs.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.