It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How Much Work Item Is Recommended To Create On Plan ?

roy hershkovitz (138) | asked Dec 06 '16, 9:21 a.m.
 Hello ,

I Need Help :

How Much Work Item Is Recommended To Create On Plan ? 

500 ? 1000 ? 
What is the maximum possible recommended? Thanks .

Accepted answer

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813574) | answered Dec 07 '16, 6:06 a.m.
Hi Roy,
My experience is that depending on the Version of RTC, Browser, any Links (OSLC)
If you start going above 1000 item potentially in older version V3/V4 you may see the plan save becoming slower.

Start to think about how you are using plans;  for a Team, Sprint, Release.. and who uses them.
Different people want to see different information:
Release plan for the Product Owner..

Sometimes I setup a Plan view that only displays "My Stuff" this helps speed things up from Version 4.0.7
Regards
Matt Muller
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Dec 06 '16, 9:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The restriction to 2048 items was removed in v3.0 onwards and you can have several thousands of items on the same plan.

However, the recommendation would be to keep it to few hundreds by means of creating plans for lower level iterations or limiting it to specific Team Areas.  Larger plans are not very helpful when it comes to loading them faster...

The below forum post has a good discussion you may find interesting :
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/159312/ibm-lab-recommendation-to-include-15k-18k-workitems-in-a-plan-in-clm406

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 07 '16, 6:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Also see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMExpensiveScenarios for some hints about how to potentially deal with large plans.

Comments
roy hershkovitz commented Jan 03 '17, 3:43 a.m. | edited Jan 03 '17, 10:48 a.m.

Thanks !

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.