It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Data interface to a request management system from RTC 5.0.2 (CCM)

Jaehoon Na (111) | asked Nov 28 '16, 6:57 a.m.
Dear.

My team is managing RTC as a supporting tool in a complex application management project.
And, also, there is a request management system which was separated from RTC. And, the request management system and RTC were interfacing each other.
Under this environment, my client has requested that the request management system have the statistical data of RTC for every steps and resource's workload to show them in their request management system not in RTC.
The request management system was made of Oracle database and general web application.
So, My questions are following.

1. Are there any method to bring data from RTC to the request management system? The purpose is to make it easy to handle RTC data and generate report as easy as they can.
2. If there was no official method to retrieve data from RTC to a general Oracle Database, which way would be the most/best to send raw data to the request management system (DB is Oracle) from RTC?

The reason why my client does not want to use RTC as a request management tool was that they felt RTC was too complex and difficult to learn. So, they wrapped RTC using their own request management system.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Dec 05 '16, 3:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 05 '16, 3:28 a.m.
 https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/09/30/learning-to-fly-getting-started-with-the-rtc-java-apis/ explains what APIs are available and how to get started using them.

It is - of course - your customers decision to decide to split the request system off. However, I think it was likely a wrong, and very expensive decision, as any professional with experience can tell integrating tools and custom reporting is likely the most expensive scenario you can go for and only slightly cheaper than writing and managing a custom application.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.