It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Interface between IBM Rational Tools and HP ALM available?

Stefan Gergely (134) | asked Nov 28 '16, 5:31 a.m.
Team,
I'd like to kindly ask you whether there is some possibility to use existing interface between IBM Rational tools (e.g. Rational team Concert, Rational Query Manager, Rational DOORS Next Generation, ...) and HP ALM tool (used on our client's side) in order to share some data in ReadOnly mode (e.g. requirements, test cases, results from test, etc.) with HP ALM environment. In the article located at http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/integrate-clm-hp-alm-atlassian-jira-git/index.html there is described the solution how to integrate Rational tools with the third parties but not sure whether this solution is still applicable (it is almost 3 years old...), maybe there is some newer solution...
Thank for your answer!

One answer

permanent link
Miguel Tomico (5001323) | answered Nov 28 '16, 6:58 a.m.

Comments
Miguel Tomico commented Nov 28 '16, 7:28 a.m.

I thought the info from the link you sent was obsolete, but the 6.0.3 documentation still points to that adapter.

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_integ_hp.html

Stefan Gergely commented Nov 28 '16, 8:38 a.m.

Hi Miguel,
thank for your prompt answer - using your link I was able to find adapter  Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapters (HP ALM/Quality Center), Tasktop Edition which allows integration of tools Rational Team Concert, Rational DOORS Next Generation, and Rational Requirements Composer with HP ALM. Unfortunately, I was not able to find the adapter for integration of tool IBM Rational Quality Manager with HP ALM, only to JIRA. Does it really mean that tool IBM Rational Quality Manager can't be integrated with HP APL, i.e. transfer of test cases and the test results (reports) from IBM Rational Manager to HP ALM is not possible?  Or yet there exists some workaround?

Miguel Tomico commented Nov 28 '16, 11:23 a.m.

That question would be for cm-logic, Tasktop or whoever owns the integration you are looking at. However,

Can I ask why do you need to transfer Test data between two tools serving the same purpose? If it's just for migrating data, there may be simpler ways (i.e., exporting / importing csv files).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.