It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to link requirement artifacts between two DNG RM projects when Link Constratints are used?

Farinam Farahmand (1313) | asked Nov 25 '16, 5:28 p.m.

DNG version : 6.0.2 (build ID: RDNG6.0.2-I20160322_2352)

I have two RM projects in DNG and both are created using the same project templates. (note: Configuration management is NOT enabled.)

If I have NO "Link Constraints" defined, I can link requirements from Project_1 to Project_2. As soon as any link constraints is defined, the drop-down used to select other projects are disabled.

I created a link constraint using "ANY link to ANY", then the project selection drop down gets enabled again ( but ANY to ANY basically removes all the constraints).

Does DNG allow linking requirements between two different DNG projects when constrains are applied? And if yes, what has to be done in both projects to have the projects visible to one another?

Thank you.

2 answers

permanent link
Alex Ivanov (713) | answered Nov 26 '16, 12:18 p.m.
I believe the answer is that you have to have the exact same link constraints across the two projects. Try it and let us know if that does the trick.

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Nov 27 '16, 7:29 p.m.
There was a similar discussion in the below post, and you may find it helpful.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/229028/link-constraints-feature-not-working-for-custom-created-link-types-across-pa-in-dng-602-version

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.