It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reporting on linked TCER(RQM) and work item(RTC) in JRS

hani zaidi (74622) | asked Nov 25 '16, 11:11 a.m.
 Hi, 

I am using JRS v6.0.2 with DW as data-source and SQL DB. I've created a test case execution record (TCER) in QM and a Change Request work item in RTC. In RTC I've linked this TCER using relation :'Related to Test Case Execution Record'. When reporting in JRS, I've chosen Test Case Execution Record from QM attributes and in the tractability link section I've linked this TCER with this optional relationship; relationship -> work item -> all link types. The executed report in this case have no rows despite of all the data created.

What could be a possible problem here? Any help in this regard would be highly appreciate. 

P.S I was previously using Test Case instead of TCER and the JRS reporting was working perfectly. 

Thanks in advance!

Comments
hani zaidi commented Nov 29 '16, 8:59 a.m.

I used the indirect linking via

Change request -> Test Case -> TCER

and the problem is solved!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Krupa Gunhalkar (4512) | answered Nov 29 '16, 9:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Hani,

Your approach is right, if you basically select the base artifact as Change request and then build on the related artifacts, the report will pull up the data for you.  Alternatively you can also select a TCER -> Which has a test case or runs a Test Script and then select Related Change Request, this should also work for your reporting.

Thanks and Regards,
Krupa Gunhalkar
hani zaidi selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
hani zaidi commented Nov 29 '16, 9:34 a.m.

Yes it did worked for me, thanks Krupa

2 other answers

permanent link
Krupa Gunhalkar (4512) | answered Nov 29 '16, 9:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

permanent link
Krupa Gunhalkar (4512) | answered Nov 29 '16, 9:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Trying to put a image for reference, but some how the web page is not allowing right now.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.