It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to merge 2 stream from the same global configuration

David MICHEL (1472448) | asked Nov 23 '16, 6:26 p.m.
hello,
   I have this scenario:
- A GC stream, V1.0,  with DNG_V1.0 stream and QM_V1.0.
- Another  GC stream V2.0, with DNG_V2.0 stream and QM_2.0 stream.

In the first GC, I have a artefact from DNG_V1.0 linked with a TestCase of QM_V1.0.
Now I want to merge this link into the GC V2.0. Is it possible to do it ?

I have tried to merge each stream DNG_V1.0 to DNG_V2.0 and QM_V1.0 to QM_V2.0 but the link is not created.

Thank you for your return

Best regards

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Nov 24 '16, 1:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, as long as you gave the appropriate answers during the merge process, the link should have been merged.
A given link between two artifacts is "owned" by one of the artifacts (the "source" artifact), and the stream that owns the source artifact is where the decision is made whether or not to keep the link in the result of the merge.
I believe the QM/DNG links are stored on the QM side, in which case it is the QM_V1.0 to QM_V2.0 merge that you should pay attention to.  Also, note that the DNG artifact that is the target of the link must exist in the DNG_V2.0 stream, in order for the link to be visible.

Comments
David MICHEL commented Dec 14 '16, 3:56 p.m.

Hello Geoffrey,
  Thank for your return. I will do another test to see if I have forgotten to tell "keep" the link

Best regards

David

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.