It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Team Concert License use metrics ?

Steve Wittie (1175) | asked Aug 31 '09, 7:55 p.m.
Hey all, does anyone out there know if/how an RTC user can get metrics on their license use. Like who took a license and how long they used it (floating or authorized) ???

2 answers

permanent link
Sally-Anne Prout (11022216) | answered Apr 07 '10, 8:25 a.m.
Hey all, does anyone out there know if/how an RTC user can get metrics on their license use. Like who took a license and how long they used it (floating or authorized) ???

I too am interested in knowing how to query for license usage for RTC users on the Jazz server for Tomcat. Any information showing how to show length of time a license was held, username and be able to drop a license maybe would be most helpful.

Thanks
Sally

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 09 '10, 2:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

you can get some statistics in the Admin Web UI when running floating licenses. You have to upload a floating key to get that enabled. Only Floating keys are counted. Authorized user, I think are not, because that is assigned permanently. If you think you'd need more/other information you might consider to create a work item.

Since this is the forum about extending RTC: I don't know if it is possible to extend this mechanism or how to programmatically query it.

Ralph

I too am interested in knowing how to query for license usage for RTC users on the Jazz server for Tomcat. Any information showing how to show length of time a license was held, username and be able to drop a license maybe would be most helpful.

Thanks
Sally

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.