It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Defect Lifecycle Reporting

David Beange (111359101) | asked Nov 21 '16, 5:36 a.m.
CLM 6.0.1

Using CLM queries or the Jazz report builder is there any way to report how many times a Defect had been set to a particular Workflow Status. For Example How many times it has been set to "Sent for restest".
I'm looking to report how many attempts it took to get a defect properly resolved.

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14946) | answered Nov 22 '16, 4:05 p.m.
You can build a report via Report Builder using the 'Work Item State History' under the 'Current Data' report type to see a listing of state transitions, but I don't think there's a way via the report builder UI to calculate the count.  You may be able to take the SQL generated by this report and customize it though.  I haven't tried that part, but here's what I was able to build that might get you started.

Here's a quick example of a list view, with the top item being an example of one that went through the Working -> Verify state transition multiple times.  In this example I used the traceability linking to get the WI ID and URL, and sorted by those fields to get the grouping you see in my screenshot. 

David Beange selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jackie Albert commented Nov 22 '16, 4:10 p.m. | edited Nov 22 '16, 4:12 p.m.

Screenshot doesn't seem to have posted previously, so here's what I was referring to 

One other answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Nov 21 '16, 6:50 p.m.
I don't think JRS provide such data. You may consider to create a hidden work item attribute and using calculated value provider script to capture such information.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.