It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to display git commits in editor

Ilona Krammer (159449) | asked Nov 18 '16, 5:54 a.m.
edited Nov 23 '16, 3:52 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
I have created a new editor presentation from scratch but I'd need to display the connected git commits (change set). I can't seem to do it with a reference presentation - how does it work?

I can see the Git Commit Links in the history but not with any presentation I tried. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

I have also already thought about the git commits maybe not displaying in the editor because I added the presentation after I linked the work item to a commit - but that shouldn't really be happening, right? I can see the links in the history so I am guessing I am using the wrong presentation - I just don't have any idea which one to use

Comments
Lily Wang commented Nov 20 '16, 7:30 p.m.

How did you integration RTC and Git, and what's your RTC version?

If you integrate RTC and Git properly, you should see the link to Git Commit from "Links" Non-Attribute-based Presentation. However you could not see the information from History as the create/delete links operation is not recorded in work item history.

Ilona Krammer commented Nov 21 '16, 1:01 a.m.

We are using RTC 6.0.2

The thing is that I do not want to display the Links section the way it is provided by RTC - in fact we are using an empty process template so it isn't even available.

We activated the link history to be recorded that's why things also appear in our history.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ilona Krammer (159449) | answered Aug 17 '18, 2:25 a.m.

With RTC 6.0.5 the Git Commits actually is now selectable in the links section so only Git commits are displayed

Geoffrey Clemm selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ilona Krammer commented Aug 17 '18, 2:25 a.m.

I cannot mark this as the correct answer - but it does work. Maybe someone else can select it..?

One other answer

permanent link
Shubjit Naik (1.5k1613) | answered Dec 01 '16, 9:09 a.m.
Hi Ilona

In case you are still working on this, you could add a Non-Attribute Presentation "Links" to any tab and the Commits should be listed there.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Dec 01 '16, 9:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Shubjit, I can not find the link type for GIT change set links in the choice list. Am I missing something?

Shubjit Naik commented Dec 01 '16, 9:58 a.m.

Hi Ralph

Yes you are right, It is not listed and we cannot manually create the link to a Git Commit as well. However, the Git Commit link seems to show up only in the Link Attribute. Maybe we should raise a workitem to development to control this link type ..

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 01 '16, 9:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks!

Neal McKegney commented Jan 04 '17, 1:59 p.m. | edited Aug 17 '18, 10:11 a.m.

I don't see my git commits under the links non-attribute presentation.  I see them in the history, but that's it.  Thoughts?

Neal McKegney commented Jan 04 '17, 2:11 p.m.

I managed to resolve my issue.  I removed the linkTypeFilter property from my process and the links now appear properly

Ilona Krammer commented Jan 09 '17, 2:36 a.m. | edited Jan 09 '17, 2:43 a.m.

removing the linkTypeFilter works for me too - but I only want the git commits displayed, nothing else. How can I do that?

EDIT: Plus, I don't want to display the dropdown to add links, I really just want the git commits

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.