It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Comment should show username instead of employee ID

Amit Garg (311949) | asked Nov 16 '16, 8:06 a.m.
 I'm using CLM 6.0.x and the issue we are facing is that when we add a comment in any task/story/defect and mention a user for example: @sanjeev, the mail which is triggered to the user contains his/her emp Id rather than the name like:

@<emp ID> ...some text.

emp ID in our case is all numbers so if multiple users are mentioned in the comment, it is difficult to check to who all the comment has been sent to unless we manually check those ids.

Need to change that it should show the complete name of the user instead of the emp id. How can we modify the email template or is it the way user ID are configured in CLM and needs to be changed..? 

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Nov 16 '16, 10:49 p.m.
The feature works with the user _ID_, not user _name_. It's just the way it is.

In the RTC Web client, if you hover your mouse over the @userId, the (full) user name is the first to pop up. Maybe it is not that difficult to check?

Comments
Amit Garg commented Nov 21 '16, 2:19 a.m.

Hi Donald,

Yes I meant the same that it works with the user ID. So you mean to say if the user ID (View My Profile and Licenses) contains emp ID, it will show emp ID in comments and if email address is configured in that field, then it will show the email address?

Donald Nong commented Nov 21 '16, 5:49 p.m.

That's right. The user ID is just a "string", and Jazz does not care about the meaning of the "string" in the actual world.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.