It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

To move a project from RTC4.0 to RTC 5.0

Vivek Bandhu (636) | asked Nov 15 '16, 4:57 a.m.
 I am using Eclispse Client 5.0.2, JTS Server 5.0.2 and  followed the steps mentioned in IBM RTC Extensibility4.x pdf but in my error logs it’s showing me the following errors while running the Jetty RTC Server in the Debugging mode –
eclipse.buildId=unknown

Exception while loading resource 

CRJAZ1887I The list of certificates available in the Windows-MY KeyStore could not be read. If you'd like to access the certificates from that key store, make sure that you are running with a JVM that supports reading from that key store. 

org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.Resource$IOWrappedException: Feature 'effectiveUpdateInterval' not found. (file:/C:/Users/A622734/My%20Data/SSC%20Project/RTC401DevV3/RTC401DevV3/workspaces/Dev1/WS/.metadata/.plugins/com.ibm.team.feed.core/data.xml, 4, 698)     

Caused by: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.FeatureNotFoundException: Feature 'effectiveUpdateInterval' not found. (file:/C:/Users/A622734/My%20Data/SSC%20Project/RTC401DevV3/RTC401DevV3/workspaces/Dev1/WS/.metadata/.plugins/com.ibm.team.feed.core/data.xml, 4, 698) 

Internal Error 

Java Model Exception: Java Model Status [Timed out while retrieving the attached javadoc for PrintStream [in PrintStream.class [in java.io [in C:\Users\A622734\My Data\SSC Project\RTC401DevV3\RTC401DevV3\installs\RTC_Eclipse_Client\jazz\client\eclipse\jdk\jre\lib\rt.jar]]] ] 

And when try to run the RTC Client using Run Configuration then in the Server Console it shows following error due to Server & database incompatibility. Currently I am using RTC4 workspace. If I try to run with Different workspace then in Debug Configuration RTC Client & Server are not visible in the launch even after pasting the feature based launch file in dropins folder of eclipse. 

ERROR .repository.service.internal.RepositoryItemService  - CRJAZ1049I A runtime exception occurred during repository startup.

12:57:14,557 [10551457@qtp-752823519-6] ERROR ComponentVersionMismatch                           - CRJAZ1042I The component has a server version mismatch between the installed code and the database.

Please provide some suggestion.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 15 '16, 5:09 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can not run a 5.x extension workshop on a 4.x workspace. You have to set up the workspace new following the Lab1. You can use Jazz SCM or export/import to bring your own project code over. 

permanent link
Vivek Bandhu (636) | answered Nov 15 '16, 6:56 a.m.
 In launch RTC client & Server is not visible

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.