It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Export Date not Timestamp when exporting using RPE

Ben Sharples (812758) | asked Nov 09 '16, 9:17 a.m.
I have fields in RQM where I am assigning a Date to a Test Case and when I export to RPE I want to display only the date - preferably in a UK style format dd/mm/yyyy.

However in RPE it always displays the a timestamp as well as the date in us format yy/mm/dd.

Is there a way to change this without having to use Java Script to parse and split the string up before re-assembling with just the informaiton I am interested in exporting.

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Nov 09 '16, 11:23 p.m.
edited Nov 10 '16, 12:20 p.m.
If you are printing the date (dateTime) in a Text element, set Date pattern (in Properties->Specific tab for the Text element) property.
As an alternate, you can use a JavaScript function to change the date format. These functions can be readily found in .js files under %rpe_home%\utils\scripts, if you are using RPE 2.1 or later. Here is a sample function:
//function to change date format to "MMM dd, yyyy"
function changeDateFormat(date)
{
    try
    {
        var currDtFmt = new java.text.SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss");
    var curDt = currDtFmt.parse(date);
    var expDtFmt = new java.text.SimpleDateFormat("MMM dd, yyyy");
    var dateString = expDtFmt.format(curDt).toString()
    _sessionLogger.info("##### data string: " + dateString);
    return dateString;
    }
    catch(err)
    {
        java.lang.System.out.print( err);
    return date;
    }
}

Comments
Ben Sharples commented Nov 10 '16, 7:24 a.m.

Propoerties changes doesn't work. (I suspect because I have to grab the value, assign it to a variable and then print the variable.)

I'm working with RPE 1.3 - and there's nothing in the utils folder. Is there somewhere else I can find these javascript functions?

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Nov 10 '16, 12:23 p.m.

I ran a quick test and just setting Date format to yyyy-MM-dd works fine.

However, setting it to yyyy-MM-dd returned incorrect date.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.