It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Linking new test scripts to existing testcase

Steven Last (213) | asked Oct 31 '16, 11:58 a.m.

I have new test scripts that I need to link to existing test cases. I have found some responses that say to add the following into the cfg file.

You can link existing testcases to new test scripts using the following line in cfg file:
testscript.testcase=LinkExisting(E)

Your Excel file will have the id of the existing test case in column E in the format
urn:com.ibm.rqm:testcase:2

Herein lies my issue. The <id> of my testcase is 3651. so in the excel file I have the following as the link to the testcase:
urn:com.ibm.rqm:testcase:3651
However when I go to import the scripts, the scripts are imported and no errors are thrown. However the test scripts are not linked to the testcase when I go to the test case and look at the test scripts section.
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks!

3 answers

permanent link
Steven Last (213) | answered Oct 31 '16, 3:00 p.m.

The issue turned out to be a browser refresh issue. In order for the newly linked testscripts to appear in the "Test Scripts" section within the testcase, I needed to first do a browser session refresh. I was using IE 11.

Hope this helps anyone else with the problem should they run into a similar issue.

permanent link
Steven Last (213) | answered Oct 31 '16, 12:27 p.m.

I did the following as you suggested:

testscript.testcase=LinkExisting("urn:com.ibm.rqm:testcase:"& J)

In the excel file containing the testscripts that I want to link to the testcase, I just entered 3651 in column J for each entry.

The script looks as follows when entering the data.

Initializing.....

Reading Configuration File....

Getting artifacts from document - "Linking_testscripts_to_existing_testcase.xlsx".....

Sending artifacts to https://jazznc.deveng.local:9443/qm.....

Sending testscript 0 named Linking_testscripts_to_existing_testcase_Testscripts_2.xml...

Sending testscript 1 named Linking_testscripts_to_existing_testcase_Testscripts_1.xml...

Exporting completed successfully!

Detailed log file at: C:\

However, when I go into RQM and look at the testcase 3651, there are no scripts linked to it??? Any other suggestions???

permanent link
Rohit Rishabh (1531136) | answered Oct 31 '16, 12:17 p.m.
Try this:

testscript.testcase=LinkExisting("urn:com.ibm.rqm:testcase:" & E)
In your excel file at column E, just add the id, i.e 3651

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.