It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Linking new test scripts to existing testcase

Steven Last (213) | asked Oct 31 '16, 11:58 a.m.

I have new test scripts that I need to link to existing test cases. I have found some responses that say to add the following into the cfg file.

You can link existing testcases to new test scripts using the following line in cfg file:
testscript.testcase=LinkExisting(E)

Your Excel file will have the id of the existing test case in column E in the format
urn:com.ibm.rqm:testcase:2

Herein lies my issue. The <id> of my testcase is 3651. so in the excel file I have the following as the link to the testcase:
urn:com.ibm.rqm:testcase:3651
However when I go to import the scripts, the scripts are imported and no errors are thrown. However the test scripts are not linked to the testcase when I go to the test case and look at the test scripts section.
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks!

3 answers

permanent link
Steven Last (213) | answered Oct 31 '16, 12:27 p.m.

I did the following as you suggested:

testscript.testcase=LinkExisting("urn:com.ibm.rqm:testcase:"& J)

In the excel file containing the testscripts that I want to link to the testcase, I just entered 3651 in column J for each entry.

The script looks as follows when entering the data.

Initializing.....

Reading Configuration File....

Getting artifacts from document - "Linking_testscripts_to_existing_testcase.xlsx".....

Sending artifacts to https://jazznc.deveng.local:9443/qm.....

Sending testscript 0 named Linking_testscripts_to_existing_testcase_Testscripts_2.xml...

Sending testscript 1 named Linking_testscripts_to_existing_testcase_Testscripts_1.xml...

Exporting completed successfully!

Detailed log file at: C:\

However, when I go into RQM and look at the testcase 3651, there are no scripts linked to it??? Any other suggestions???

permanent link
Rohit Rishabh (1531136) | answered Oct 31 '16, 12:17 p.m.
Try this:

testscript.testcase=LinkExisting("urn:com.ibm.rqm:testcase:" & E)
In your excel file at column E, just add the id, i.e 3651

permanent link
Steven Last (213) | answered Oct 31 '16, 3:00 p.m.

The issue turned out to be a browser refresh issue. In order for the newly linked testscripts to appear in the "Test Scripts" section within the testcase, I needed to first do a browser session refresh. I was using IE 11.

Hope this helps anyone else with the problem should they run into a similar issue.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.